Greater St. Louis Babywearing (formerly BWI of St. Louis Gateway), has been serving the babywearing community of the St Louis metropolitan area and Metro East since 2010.
Our organization is 100% staffed by volunteers, local caregivers (like you!) who recognized the benefits of babywearing in their own experiences raising children and want to help support other local caregivers along their babywearing journey.
Mission Statement of Greater St. Louis Babywearing
To advance and promote Babywearing in the St. Louis community so that all who wish to wear may find support, education, and guidance in a welcoming environment.
To fulfill its mission, Greater St. Louis Babywearing will:
- Empower caregivers through educational meetings, online support, distribution of literature, and outreach events in a safe, welcoming, and accessible environment
- Maintain a library of carriers that offers caregivers the opportunity to experience the broad spectrum of carrier options available
- Broaden our scope of service to reach potential babywearers in all populations within the greater St. Louis community
- Respect all individuals and accept that caregivers’ choices are being made in their child’s best interest
- Build a community of caregivers who enjoy the benefits of babywearing
- Establish and maintain partnerships with community members and organizations
- Train and support Babywearing educators
More places to connect!
Follow our public Facebook page for events
Join our closed Facebook group for fit tips and babywearing discussion
Follow us on Instagram